This Avocado, Tuna & Celery salad was a huge hit with my family. In the dog days of summer, I needed a recipe that wouldn’t heat up the house. On the Plant Paradox program, I also wanted a recipe that didn’t contain any lectins. I adapted this recipe from Natasha’s Kitchen, Avocado Tuna Salad Recipe at natashaskitchen.com.
Since we do not eat cucumbers, I made my salad with celery which gave it the crunchiness of the cucumbers. Also, I didn’t have any cilantro, so I just left out the herb.
Ingredients for Avocado, Tuna & Celery Salad
- 30 oz tuna in water, not drained and flaked (Wild Planet Wild Albacore Tuna with Sea Salt) 6 small cans
- 3 celery stalks, sliced thin
- 4 large ripe avocados peeled, pitted and cubed
- 1 medium red onion, sliced thin
- 4 Tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 4 Tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tsp sea salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Instructions for Avocado, Tuna & Celery Salad
- In a large bowl, combine sliced celery, cubed avocados, sliced red onion and the tuna.
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, avocado oil, sea and pepper. Whisk to incorporate all of the ingredients.
- Drizzle the dressing over the rest of the ingredients and toss.
We enjoyed over a salad of romaine lettuce with grated carrots. Delicious!