Macadamia Nut Mozzarella Cheese & Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breast was a huge hit with my family including my Dad and my brother. The chicken was tender and the asparagus cooked perfectly. We all enjoyed this very much. The original recipe is from Tiffany at www.lecremedelacrumb.com/asparagus-stuffed-chicken. I also modified the recipe a bit and made Macadamia Nut Mozzarella Cheese & Asparagus stuffed portobello mushrooms for my vegan son. He ate 3 portobello mushrooms, he liked it so much! That recipe will be coming soon.
Ingredients for Macadamia Nut Mozzarella Cheese & Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbls. olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp. dried Italian blend seasoning
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 cup macadamia nut mozzarella cheese
- 1 pound asparagus, ends trimmed
- 2/3 cup macadamia nut Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbls. olive oil or ghee
- 1 dropper of SweetLeaf Stevia drops
- 1/2 lemon, sliced thinly
Instructions for Macadamia Nut Mozzarella Cheese & Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Then line a baking sheet with foil for easy clean up!
- Next, using a sharp knife, slice each chicken breast horizontally to form a pocket. Be sure not to slice all the way through, but leave a 1/2 inch for the fold.
- Then rub the olive oil on both sides of each breast and sprinkle each side with the seasonings, salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika and the Italian seasoning. Next, using your fingertips, rub the seasonings into the breast.
- Then open the pocket and add two slices of the Macadamia nut mozzarella cheese. Next place 3-4 asparagus stalks on top of the cheese, then sprinkle with the Macadamia nut Parmesan cheese. Finally use toothpicks to close the pocket.
- Using a cast iron skillet or oven-safe skillet, heat the olive oil or melt the ghee. Once heated stir in the Stevia drops. Immediately add chicken to the pan and sear for about 2 minutes, then flip each breast over and sear. This process seals the flavors into the chicken.
- Next top each breast with the lemon slices.
- Finally bake the breast in the preheated oven for 15 to 25 minutes until chicken is cooked through, the cheese has melted and the asparagus is tender. If desired, spoon the extra sauce from the pan over the chicken. Then remove the toothpicks.