My husband and I enjoy ice cream and sweets, and they were one of the hardest things to give up on the Plant Paradox Eating Plan. However, by not eating sugar or any of the artificial sweeteners, our cravings for sweets have disappeared. That being said, we still enjoy a nice cool treat occasionally. So here is the Strawberry & White Chocolate “Ice Cream” that I adapted from Dr. Gundry’s “Mint Chocolate Chip-Avocado “Ice Cream”:
- 15 oz can coconut milk or coconut cream
- 1/3 cup Swerve
- 4 oz Sugar-Free, White Chocolate Bar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 Haas avocados, peeled and pits removed
- 2 droppers SweetLeaf Stevia
- 1 pint fresh Strawberries, chopped
- Add coconut milk and sweetener in a medium saucepan. Stir over medium-low heat, until sweetener dissolves and mixture is blended.
- Add the white chocolate and continue stirring until the white chocolate is melted.
- Pour the mixture into your blender. Add vanilla extract, avocados and the stevia. Purée until smooth. Pour into a bowl, cover and put in the refrigerator for 2 hours, allowing it to cool.
- After the 2 hours, stir in the chopped strawberries until well mixed. Spoon or pour into an ice cream maker and churn until thick and set.
- If you do not have an ice cream maker, pour the mixture into a metal loaf pan or a glass or ceramic casserole pan and place in the freezer. Stir every 1/2 hour to break up the ice crystals and keep stirring until desired consistency is reached.
My family loves this recipe, I hope you will too!